"Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made Thee glad." Psalm 45: 8

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Trim Work

Shop work has been fun lately, due to the completed appearance of things.
It's a bit like applying bindings on a guitar. Finishing touches are always rewarding.
For instance, just look at this trim carpenter...doesn't he look happy?




And here is some of his work:

This is the front door area, and the French door to the left opens to our "clean room".
Clean--as in only finished instruments allowed.





And the north bank of our assembly area:





Now for benches, work tables, tools, jigs and fixtures.
I almost hate to mess this up. It probably will never be this clean again...

3 comments:

  1. Steve, it's looking great, the building and its surroundings. Some great guitars will come out that place, I expect.

    I wish . . . I wish . . .I wish . . . .

    Pat Foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Pat! I hope you are right.
    Now, I wish...you'd come visit!

    ReplyDelete